Where's the Belgian pride?

Where's the Belgian pride? - Many years ago, travelling in Belgium, I heard a story in a very pub regarding Camel cigarettes. This happy-go-lucky life-of-the-party soul pulled a packet from his pocket and proudly said that the designer of this packet was a Belgian which he had left proof. I’m not a smoker however had a careful investigate the packet and couldn’t see something.

He asked me if I’d seen Manneken Pis close to the most sq. in Brussels. Like all tourists, I had wandered pass and brought the obligatory snapshot. I didn’t have the center to say that i used to be a bit underwhelmed because it was smaller than i assumed it might be and looked a bit worse for wear. Mind you, guests thronged around it and flashlights shot sort of a movie star was walking down the red carpet.
There seem to be variety of stories surrounding the origin of the statue. the foremost common holds that this tiny boy extinguished the fuses of explosives setup by an attacking army using the foremost natural of means that, thereby saving Brussels.

Anyway, there's a claim that the artistic artist behind the imagery on the packet of Camel cigarettes was a Belgian. He strongly disliked the pinnacle of promoting and to spite him, he hid a picture of the famous Belgian image within the higher front leg of the camel to forever highlight Belgium during this cigarette's most enduring image. the parents at Camel haven't confirmed this and think about it as nothing over people’s imagination.

I couldn’t see the image until it was pointed out to me. Having stated that, there does appear to be a strong likeness - the right arm on the boys' hip and the left arm directing the flow.

What do you think? Can you see a likeness? Is it beyond a coincidence?
Powered by Blogger.

My Zimbio
Top Stories
My Ping in TotalPing.com